Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What's good for Peter ...

... is good for Paul! Does anyone else remember that saying? It was one of my grandmother's (Bebom's) favorites, and I never understood it ... until now! Fairness has become THE thing at our house, and I don't like it! I am seriously thinking of banning the phrase, "That's not fair! (Child's name here) got a (bigger/nicer/better) ..." from use this summer. That drives me CRAZY! But, to keep everyone happy, I am trying MY best to do for one child what I do for the other. And, since Tyler and I made little end-of-the-year notes for his classmates last week, Abby and I did the same for her friends last night. We worked together on the saying to go along with the mechanical pencil she gave each friend (Abby is a pretty "punny" girl, I must say!) and she wrote one out, then we copied it to cardstock and prepared the notes together. One issue - we forgot to proof the original note, and we found afterward that our phone number was written "8778-4448" ... oops! Hence, the star!

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Abby...I wish you tons of play dates/mates this summer. I loved summertime when I was growing up!