Sunday, May 3, 2009

Random Kitchen Thoughts

1. Martha Stewart is out of her mind if she thinks people are going to sit around juicing 23 key limes for her Key Lime Bars, when they can just go to aisle 4 and buy a bottle of Key Lime Juice for $2.50! Seriously now! Oh - and YES, I am now aware that regular limes and Key Limes ARE different. Imagine if I had juiced 23 of THESE babies?!? Those would have been some very limey lime bars! 2. I haven't told Nanny in awhile, so I will now. I LOVE my mixer Nanny! Thanks for passing it along to me ... not only does it get the job done more quickly, it's just fascinating to the kids! They love to help me cook when the mixer comes out of the pantry.
3. This one is not at all related to the lime bars, which are for a teacher at Advent. But, I've rifled through my wares, and am using all kinds of pieces I've had in my kitchen and ignored recently! Aren't the little Powdered Sugar Pound Cakes for Abby's birthday party precious? I used my flower cupcake mold (The Pampered Chef), which sadly has been sitting in the box since I received it as a gift last year sometime! I have to make another batch of them though, since they turned out kind of short the first go round. For the ones in this picture, I wised up and added more batter. I want to make sure they don't look teeny in my favorite display piece ... my super-cute cupcake stand (Crate and Barrel). I will freeze them, then for the party, I'll glaze and powdered sugar them! And tomorrow night, I'm going to bake a giant cupcake in this adorable cupcake mold (Williams Sonoma). Lorie borrowed it to make birthday cakes for her girls, and she's right ... it's just the right size for the parent cake at Abby's party. Oooooh ... maybe these three companies will give me freebies for mentioning them on my blog. Not likely, as I only have a half dozen readers! Oh well, now you guys know what I have ... so please borrow these items so they don't collect dust! Oh - by the way - thanks to my mom for all three of these items. I believe they were all gifts she gave to me!

2 comments:

The Smith Family said...

The cupcake pan was GREAT! Mandy, I have a couple of really cool pans too that you are more than welcome to borrow if you ever need them...one makes a castle and another makes a floral bundt cake of some sort. I'll have to show them to you the next time you're over. I put the cupcake pan in a bag on my front porch.

Grammy said...

Go Lori!!!!!!
I'm glad someone is using those gifts. I'm making my way to the LYH (little yellow house) this week and I'd love to try my hand at some of these nifty gifts.