Saturday, May 30, 2009
It works!
What a nice husband I have ... he let ME sleep in this morning (it was only until 8:00, but who's complaining!) And when I came out of the bedroom, the breakfast dishes were cleaned up, laundry was being folded/hung, and the kids were playing Lite Brite while listening to a book on CD. I thought I was in the Twilight Zone! Actually, they had just chosen something from "The BORED Board" ... one of my summer "Keep Mommy Sane" ideas. Cool, huh!?!
I had seen an entry in a kids activity book on putting slips of paper with activities in a jar and letting them choose, but since Abby can read (and she likes choices, like her mom!) I thought this would work well. Plus, as you know, I love a good play on words. Hope "The BORED Board" works for us this summer. I figure I can always add post-it pages or redo the list if the ideas get stale. But the kids helped me make the list, so they should be onBOARD. No pun intended!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
GREAT idea!!!!!!!!!!! I think you all must have gotten bored because I just tried to call and no one answered the phone.
Wow...that Lite Brite must have come from some super cool friends! I'm so glad that Abby and Tyler enjoy it. :)
Post a Comment