On Friday night, we headed to the ballpark to watch FSU take on VA Tech. Dennis had intended to take the family "out to the 'ole ball game" earlier this season, but it just hadn't happened yet. To add to the fun, Auntie Jenn was there too, so we sat together and got all caught up!

The kids DID enjoy the game (which turned out to be a great one ... FSU won 10-2) but they began pestering Dennis about popcorn and ice cream almost immediately. That will teach you about mentioning treats as part of the plan Daddy! They talked about it all day, so homeruns and big Zaxby's chicken mascot weren't even enough to take their minds off of it!


Fortunately, I had brought in some chicken nuggets and fruit in to the park, which we insisted they eat first. I also brought a salad for myself, which received much ridicule from Jenn and Dennis!

I mean, really, is it a crime to bring a salad to a baseball game? A bit unusual, yes. But, I know someone who wore culottes to an Eagles concert in the early 70s, and brought a Good Housekeeping magazine in to pass the time before the concert started. SO ... I'm not all that odd after all, huh? (oh, and yes, the someone was my mother!) Speaking of odd ... check out this one (the little one) ...


The boy has more energy than ten 3-year olds at times, but then it suddenly just wears off. Guess the lack of nap just catches up with him.


Good thing there were songs like "Y-M-C-A" playing to get us pumped up. I was actually impressed that we made it through the 7th inning stretch!

All in all ... a fun first time at Dick Howser Stadium for Tyler. Maybe we'll get there again before the season comes to a close!
No comments:
Post a Comment