Yes, I admit ... we've been out of touch this past week. And, as I type that, I can't believe it's been JUST over a week since I last blogged. It could have easily been a YEAR. I don't have time now to share all of our pictures and stories, but I did want to get a quick recap post up here. If, for some reason, I don't get to share everything, then at least something will be on here. Unlike last year, when their was a hole on the blog (that kills me!). May is SO busy ...
Last Saturday, we hosted Abby's Fairy Party ... and it was a success! The kids had a blast running all over the park searching for clues in their quest for their lost fairy magic. 

The next day, I got all kinds of special treatment for Mother's Day. It's a rare treat to have everyone cook for me and serve me ...
I didn't get any pictures of her on this special day, but on Monday, we helped Auntie Jenn celebrate her birthday (Happy Birthday Jenn!).
Then last Tuesday, Abby and I helped plan a "surprise" baby shower and breakfast for her kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Shaw.
The next day (Wednesday) was Abby's real birthday. We started the day off with a quick breakfast party, but the festivities really kicked into high gear at her final Petite Players performance of the year. Then afterwards, we did dinner, gifts ... and Cake Shop cake at Red Elephant. We can't believe Abby is SIX! The birthday flag is still flying in front of our house, but I think it's time to take it down.
On Thursday, Tyler had his end-of-the-year dance/movement show at Advent. Grammy ended a long week in Tallahassee (long for HER ... not us ... we kept her busy!) by watching Tyler on stage.
That afternoon, I started on preparations for the Advent Carnival. Tyler (my assistant) helped me sort out prizes and count coins that will be buried in our treasure dig area. The carnival is tomorrow (Tuesday) and Wednesday ... maybe! The forecast looks awful on Wednesday, so it appears we might be rained out. No one wants to ride a train or jump on a bouncer while it's pouring!
Can you believe there's nothing to speak of on Friday and Saturday? Well, we had things going on ... but nothing picture worthy. (Not true - Abby went to a kitty birthday party on Saturday for Alex Harrison, but we forgot to take any pictures of her in her whisker face paint!)
Not the case on Sunday ... the first thing we did at the Painted Pony Sunday Fun Day, was get the kids' faces painted. Abby chose Charlie, the Painted Pony himself. It's it amazing how this horse lets people paint all over him!?! And Tyler chose Calvin the Cow. It was a GREAT day on the farm ... meeting animals, taking pony rides, going on a hayride, listening to banjo music ... THANK YOU Grandma and Grandpa for sending us there for Abby's birthday!



1 comment:
Well, well Mandy...that's alot of important events in one blog. You covered it well. The fairy birthday party pics look very "fairyish" if you know what I mean. Who was that photographer?
A quick comment about the Painted Pony day too...the face painter is fantastic. Bet A&T hated to wash them off.
Post a Comment