Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Spring REWIND: Label-palooza!

Abby was home "sick-ish" the Monday after her Fairy Party, and she got to spend the day with Grammy. (I personally think Abby actually had a bit of the fever on Saturday too, or maybe she developed it running back and forth across the park during the scavenger hunt.) Anyway, a day home taking it easy with Grammy was just what the doctor ordered. The girls kept themselves busy with cleanup and organization (two peas in a pod) and a bit of fun with Grammy's labelmaker. She and Abby labeled my party goods/paper goods under the hutch in the breakfast room. Because, seriously, who DOESN'T need to know exactly which container to look in for their cocktail napkins and plastic flatware. I kid, but I have LOVED being able to find the right container in a pinch. I reached for these a ton this past weekend. Anyway, it was also great for practicing spelling (Abby) and letter recognition (Tyler). Way to go Grammy ... and thank you! Oh ... did I mention, it's VERY easy for kids to get carried away with the labelmaker. Good news is there will be NO confusion as to where we can find Tyler's bedroom door!

No comments: