As many of you know, this wacky dude could entertain himself with a deck of cards, a single truck, or an "eggmobile" car like the one in this photo (mind you, he didn't ride much on his eggmobile when we owned one, but now that we sold it ... he rides them ALL the time at school).

But, alas, Tyler hasn't had to entertain
himself at all this week - because we've been super busy with end-of-the-year activities at school. Tomorrow (Friday) is the last day of Ty's second year at Advent. This week has been consumed with the school's two-day carnival, which *YES* I did coordinate AGAIN! It's an undertaking: two bouncers, a train, digging for treasure, face painting, a special snack, a duck "pond," a fishing booth, snowcones, putt-putt, and a giant bubble demonstration ... and 17 classes rotating around to the four areas of the carnival over the course of the two days. Fortunately, the rain held out (it was quite iffy on both days) and the event was a huge success. Meanwhile, I'm going to need Memorial Day weekend to recover!
Here's a
link to all of the photos I took at the carnival, but I've posted the Tyler-centric highlights below. The full slideshow will give you a better sense of how the carnival looked. Truthfully, having cloudy weather was nice. It was a bit chilly on Tuesday, but that was much preferred over last year's sauna-like temperatures!
Tyler's class had to wait until Wednesday to attend the carnival, but they were very patient. Here's our boy "fishing" for a prize ...

... while a few of his "girlfriends" (Madison, Hayden and Kendall) enjoyed their snowcones nearby.
I wish I had gotten more pictures of Tyler and his friends on the bouncer and the train, but I was running around the school for two days straight. Good thing is, I think I've jumpstarted my summer weight-loss program. Lots of exercise!
No comments:
Post a Comment