Monday, May 4, 2009

How about a game of "Memories!"

It's Teacher Appreciation Week at Roberts, which means daily items/projects to show Mrs. Shaw (and Abby's other teachers too I guess, yikes!) how much we appreciate her. I mean REALLY, must we squeeze something else into the month of May? I'm all for appreciating Mrs. Shaw - she deserves it! But, can we do it in March next time, because we Schnittker ladies tend to get carried away, and ... well, small projects end up taking the whole day! Much like this one ...Monday is "note day" - send in a note to show Mrs. Shaw your gratitude. Well, when I suggested making some cards for Mrs. Shaw with pictures of favorite things this year, Abby thought I meant "playing cards." What a GREAT idea. Together, we came up with this take off on the children's game "Memory." But instead of the cards having matching pictures, one has a drawing of Abby's kindergarten memory, and the other has a description that she wrote all by herself. Here's what Abby did for Valentine's Day ... her written portion says: "Valentin's Day was ab-solutley fun! I liked the fruit." It was a breakfast event, remember? So, YES - she spelled Valentine's wrong and absolutely, but those are big words. And, NO, you didn't read it wrong - my girl included a play on words (Ab-solutely ... because she's Abby, get it?!)
Hopefully we won't get as involved when preparing our offerings for flower day, dessert day, school supply day ... and the one other I can't remember now!

No comments: