Okay, I have to tell you all - it is SUCH a relief to be completely and totally caught up on this blog! No more "rewinding" ... it's all here.
And as I write those words, I'm thinking to myself ... I don't often get to say that I'm totally caught up on anything. Let's see ... dishes? Not tonight. Laundry? Not even close. Ironing? More likely I'll not even start that one. Weight loss? I'd be amazed if I ever get to the point where I'm caught up to where I should be weight/healthwise. The list goes on and on: home improvement projects, thank you notes, errands, projects for work, photo organization, car maintainence.
Okay, now I'm depressing myself! But, my point is ... well, WAS ... that I'm relieved to have all of our current-ish events posted to this blog. I hope a couple of you enjoy reading it, as I do it to keep all of you friends and family members up-to-date on the lives of Abby and Tyler. But, it now seems to me that this blog is more than just an "online newsletter" of sorts (it's original purpose). For me, it's a creative outlet ... an emotional outlet, a means to get the thoughts out of my head and down on paper (or, screen). It's a way to archive the events in our lives (because it would be bad news if all of it had to stay in my head!) ... and that's important to me. I may not be caught up anywhere else, but I AM caught up on this blog. Cross something off the list ... for tonight at least. Small victories, huh?
2 comments:
yea...Emily will be so excited to see all of your new posts! I'm absolutely exhausted just reading all of this...great job Mandy! :)
This is a true work of art...from the heart...Sweet Pea! I love you for doing this. One day Abby and Tyler will love it as well. What a gift you are giving them (and those of us who are so lucky to be able to read what goes on in your day-to-day lives.) It's the next best thing to being there. Thank you! By the way...you have a true gift for writing--among other things.
Post a Comment