Saturday, June 6, 2009

Saturday Morning Cartoons

For Dad's birthday in April, we got him a cool DVD featuring a bunch of the shows he (and Mom) used to watch in the 50s. I had a hunch Dad would like this ... and that he would like sharing these old favorites with Abby and Tyler. This morning, they did what Grammy and Grandan (and probably Grandma and Grandpa) did way back when: watched Howdy Doody on Saturday morning in their PJs. Then, they switched over to Lassie, another of Grandan's favorites.It was so cute to see him introducing these classics to Abby and Tyler. They got a real kick out of the phone Jeff used and the fact that he had to dial an operator (what's that!?!) Now, I warn you ... don't ask Dad about Timmy! I think he still harbors some anger over the sudden switch from Lassie's owner, Jeff, to the "Timmy years!" Must be like when they up and switched "Beckys" on Roseanne or the "Darrens" on Bewitched. Can you imagine!Oh, and as embarassing as this is, I'm going to post pictures of what Grammy was doing during our Saturday morning TV time. Apparently Grandan is taking the recession seriously (but I think this is something he has always done). Mom says he soaks uncancelled stamps off letters they receive, then asks Mom to glue them on outgoing bills and mail. Dad! Seriously? Combine this task with the 1 cent stamps Mom had to line up on some pieces of mail to keep up with the rising postal prices (they had some stamps from before the conversion) ... and I'd say Mom earned her keep this morning! Online banking anyone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay...to all you blog readers! Is there any one of you who has ever glued a few postage stamps onto your letters or bills...the uncancelled variety? Be truthful!

Linda/Grammy/Mom said...

That last comment was from me!