Thursday, June 11, 2009

Artists Week: Day Four

To be honest, we didn't do very much in the art department today. I was having one of those super-disorganized days, and we're lucky we made it to Abby's haircut (a nice summer trim!), the pool to meet friends, and that we had the house cleaned up (kind of) for the babysitter so Dennis and I could go out for the evening. Abby worked on the illustrations in her book, but I didn't take any pictures of her drawings. I *think* we'll finish that tomorrow. I did pull a few things out this morning to entertain the kids while I tried to tidy the house. Mom gave me these Starbucks magnetic words awhile ago, and I've been saving them for Abby.As you can see, I got her started by creating a VERY TRUE sentence. Then she made a couple of her own, and she sorted the nouns and verbs in the pack. Tyler, meanwhile, identified letters and stuck them to (what seems like) the one free spot on the refrigerator. Oh - and these are ALSO from Judy Underhill, retired teacher and grand-godmother extraordinaire!

I didn't take my camera to the pool (should have, as these kids are like fish!), but I grabbed it when we came home. Tyler started snoring before we even hit the main road. I love the flushed face, the cheesy twist ring around his mouth (from a quick snack), and the LOOOOONNNG eyelashes. That is SO not fair! Oops! I just said it - "It's not fair!" I made the kids take an oath a couple weeks ago, because I was/am SICK of hearing that phrase. I think I got a couple people's attention in Home Depot yesterday when I said, "Did I just hear you say the F word?" They were probably thinking I was a horrible mother if I thought my child would be familiar enough with the "F word" to refer to it with an abbreviation. Trust me - neither child would!

1 comment:

The Smith Family said...

So sweet...love the cheese puff induced coma he's in. :) You'll have to post some pics of Abby's new summer do!