Monday, June 8, 2009

Big Boy Room

Remember those mattresses in our garage? Well, they're inside now ... in Tyler's BIG BOY ROOM! Dennis spent more time than he anticipated putting together the two antique beds, given to us by Grammy and Grandan, but Tyler seems quite pleased with the results! Does this picture look familiar Mom and Dad? The first shots (above) were taken on Sunday night, right after we got home from Orlando. But, tonight Dennis and I were able to move things around ... and this is what we came up with. It's not perfect, but we were able to fit both beds, the comfy chair, the dresser, and the small bookshelf. Ty's train table will be moving to the playroom. Opinions? Suggestions? We'll take them. Believe me, at about 8:30 tonight, I was considering trying to return one of the twin sets we purchased (along with all of the quilts, sheets, mattress pad covers, etc. that we got to go with it) and/or head out to buy a set of bunk beds. We're going to live with this for awhile and see how it goes. I will need to get some bedskirts, and we may consider painting the dresser and/or beds. I'm also thinking I want to paint a post on that Railroad Crossing sign. Thought about doing this four years ago ... and never did it! All I have to say is ... Tyler BETTER stay in his bed after all of this!

8 comments:

The Smith Family said...

Good job, it looks great...are you going to move some of the artwork around too, I was just thinking of the long picture next to the bed. Which bed is Tyler sleeping in...the one away from the window? I'm sure he loves his big boy room...it's nice that he has the floor space too with this set up, I like the dresser back in the corner. GREAT JOB! Oh and I think a pole would look great on the RR crossing sign.

Opinions by Linda! said...

Okay, okay...again, I wish I was there. I may have to drive up to Tally today!!!! You gotta take "all" the pictures, etc. down and begin anew. It's time the walls were given a fresh coat of paint anyway. If you keep it the same color, you won't have to paint above the train shelf. I would have to play around with the beds a bit more, although I'm sure you tried it hundreds of ways. Ty looks so special in his big boy bed and, yes, it brings back tons of memories.

The Smith Family said...

Grammy...if you're looking for something to paint, I'm wanting a new color in my kitchen..."sticky note yellow" or "highlighter yellow" just isn't doing it for me anymore. Feel free to come on up and surprise me with something new and fresh! :)

Mandy Schnittker said...

Oh yes ... I failed to mention we WILL be moving pictures around. The only one I moved last night was the old time train photograph ... it easily fit on another nail. But, yes, the long framed train poster will need to go elsewhere. And, we have more wall space on that one wall so I'll have to get creative. I agree Mom, a fresh coat of paint would be nice. I'll just get right on that. It IS "Artists Week," right!?!

Opinions by Linda! said...

I never thought of it that way...PAINT AWAY Ms. Artist!

Anonymous said...

He looks so cute and happy in his big boy bed. Love that baby! Um, I mean big boy!

Opinions by Linda! said...

Yes Auntie Jenn...he really is a cute, happy and lovable big (baby) boy. I wanna keep him right where he is now (minus the meltdowns).

Grammy said...

Lorie, I'll be coming to Tally later this month and would love to give my opinion on what you should paint your kitchen...but do I actually have to do the work???
Gee, should I be "promoting" my opinions business on Mandy's blog? Ha-Ha!