Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Nature Week: Campfire Snack

This is one of my favorite snacks to make: "Campfire on a Plate." The first shot is actually from a couple of years ago, when I did it for a mom's group I was in at the time. I used red grapes (stones around the fire pit), and I had better carrots (flames) ... which makes it look nice. But today, Tyler and his friend, Hayden, had a fun time making their own campfires, and we added some new elements this year. We pretended to roast marshmallows over the fire ...And we enjoyed some chocolate milk (replacing hot cocoa as the typical campfire drink) with our snack ...Here's what makes our campfire:
  • thin pretzel sticks (sticks/logs)
  • Easy Cheese (fire) ... we used Cheese Whiz last time, but you can also do hummus or peanut butter
  • carrot pieces (flames)
  • raisins (coals)
... and of course, the marshmallows. By the way, I learned that Hayden likes her campfire "a la carte." And she doesn't like chocolate milk! What a gal!

1 comment:

Grammy in Puerto Rico said...

I like the white milk too Hayden!