Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Just Imagine ...

What is this all about? Don't ask me! I had to call the kids in for an explanation as I uploaded these shots from my camera. I do remember hearing some talk of a snowman this morning, but ... I was holed up in the office. Dennis stayed home for a bit today to field the kids, because I needed full concentration to complete a project for work (thanks Den!) Anyway, here's the scoop from Abby, in her words:

"Well, Tyler and I were pretending to have a world adventure. In this picture, we were in Russia ... and we were building a snowman." "We also went to Australia, and in Australia we had a "sack race" because we were hopping like kangaroos. We went to South America too, so we drew pictures of condors (which I think are from South America). We started playing this game because we read about a book about an alligator ... and Tyler said he wanted to BE an alligator who was having a world adventure."

Well, there you go folks! They were using their imaginations ... I love it! I also think it could have been because they had the Dora's World Adventure music going on the CD player, but I decided to ask a follow-up question.

Me: So Tyler, why did you come up this game about an alligator who goes on a world adventure?
Tyler: "Mommmmmmy ... because I like to sit on alligators."

Oh yes, of course ... you do that all the time! Well thanks guys for the update ... and for being so good about entertaining yourselves this morning so I could make some headway on my project. As a reward, we spent the next couple of hours INDOORS (it's so hot here!) at Zoinks, jumping around on the bouncers! Martha and Bill - bring your earplugs, because the kids want to go back there soon. Only I'm not sure we'll get there over the next couple of weeks. I think this would be a perfect outing for you all! Or, if you get bored ... you can just build snowman with my wicker baskets instead! It seems to be something we like to do here. Compare and contrast today's design with the one from December of 2007!

No comments: