Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A BERRY fun outing!

We got "Nature Week" off on the right foot by picking blueberries! On Monday afternoon (after cooling ourselves off at the pool), we invited Auntie Jenn and Anabelle to join us at a local "U-Pick 'Em" blueberry farm. What a great time ... but BOY, was it hot! We got enough to make a pie each, and we're considering going back to pick more (but this time it would be early in the morning when it's cooler!) They sure were yummy ... and Tyler should know! He ate MANY blueberries during our outing. In fact, I should have had the man do a before/after weigh in for Tyler so we could accurately pay for our pickins!Just look at that mischievious boy behind us in this shot!Tyler and Jenn snuck a few more bits as we wrapped up our visit. They're really secretive, huh?

And I'll close with this yummy shot. As you can see, Jenn is a bit more on the ball than us. She made her pie last night, but our berries are still in the refrigerator. We didn't even sprinkle them over our cereal this morning. I promise we'll get crackin' on Wednesday!

1 comment:

Mom in Puerto Rico said...

Ouuuuuuuuuu.....I love blueberries. I remember 2 years ago when we went blueberry picking in Tally...Tyler ate his share then too. Auntie Jenn -- great looking pie! I think we'll put you in charge of baking from now on. Yummy! Barb McBride just mentioned the book "Blueberries for Sal." Ever heard of it???