I was on my way to bed Sunday night (around midnight) and decided to check email real quick, as I usually do. I had uploaded some pictures a bit earlier from Friday and Saturday, and thought about quickly posting them so I would be "all caught up!"
But instead, I've spent the past hour reading a very touching blog, written by a friend of a friend who recently lost her 9-year old son. They live here in Tallahassee and I remember hearing about their tragedy a couple of months ago, but after reading her words, I can't even imagine what she and her husband have been through! He was their only child, and as you'll read on her blog (because I bet, like me, you won't be able to tear yourself away from it) she is really struggling with her day-to-day life.
Here is the link to her blog, so you can read even her most recent posts. But, this link will take you directly to a special project she is doing in her son's memory. Michael was his name, and he would have been 10-years old on July 1st. His mother would like to compile a collection of pictures (from far and wide) featuring his name. After reading WAY back in her blog (I've seriously sat her for the past hour and a half ... crying, smiling, and even laughing at all of the funny memories she's shared), I can tell putting this collection together will help her commemorate her son's birthday.
So, get crackin' friends. You better believe I will be sending her a photo, and I encourage you to do the same. I'm even going to get my parents (who are in Puerto Rico this week) to send one as well. Oh, and about my post title? Well, before I hit the hay, I'm going to give both Abby and Tyler HUGE hugs! And, while I know I enjoy every day I get to spend with them, I'm going to appreciate it that much more ... because I can't even imagine what life would be life without them. They are my greatest gifts. I promise to post some of my outstanding pictures of my little ones tomorrow, but for now ... I'm going to go to bed thinking about Jenn ... and her little one: Michael. Goodnight.
1 comment:
I can't begin to imagine how much Michael must be missed.
Post a Comment