Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bathroom Redo

We needed a change in the kids bathroom. It has been the "frog bathroom" for four years now, and I was getting a bit sick of it. Plus, the kids have used those same towels nightly, and after washing them a million times ... we needed some replacements. So ... Grammy and I made this one of our projects at Ikea (back in the beginning of June). I can't believe it has taken me this long to make the switch, but I did it this weekend ... and I must say, I am QUITE happy with the result. You can't really see the colorful fish rugs in these pictures, nor can you see my brightly-colored hand towels. BUT ... check out that World Map Shower Curtain! I think the redish liner makes a big statement, and JUST THINK of all Abby and Tyler are going to learn while sitting on the pot! Abby couldn't tear herself away from the bathroom tonight. She kept finding spots she knows from books, school and stories of family travel. I think this is going to be really fun ... and WHO KNOWS, if we ever get chosen for Jeopardy, we'll be set in the Geography category!Oh yes, and for you inquisitive ones (you know who you are!), I DO plan on changing the frog under the "Hop On In..." words. I'm thinking a jumping fish or two would work, because they hop too, right? And, IF I find something suitable for behind the toilet, I'll replace the frog bulletin board. It really isn't bugging me ... it matches pretty well. Mom - did you see that I stole your (used to be mine!) fish frame? I'll get you a replacement.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Nice looking bathroom guys!!!!! I love the red shower liner too. I think we'll all get smarter from that shower curtain. We'll have to sign up for potty times :-)