Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all of the great dads in my life today! Of course, there's MY dad, better known as Grandan! I can't think of a better teacher (even if much of that teaching was done for HOURS upon end at the dining room table. Ugh! I hate math, but I love Dad.) He makes life fun ... and has about enough energy to power a small city! Thanks Dad for making me who I am ... and for letting me know that I can do anything!There's my father-in-law Bill. This picture is an older one, but it captures what I love about Bill. Through his grandchildren, he is getting to experience, once again, the joy of little kids and the wonder that comes when you introduce them to something for the first time (like this shot of Tyler's first tractor ride). I think he's having a lot of fun being "Grandpa!" Now, hopefully he'll still appreciate that joy and wonder that comes with it in July, when he and Martha watch the kids for a week while Dennis and I are in CA!And then, of course, there's the main man in my life now ... Dennis. I wrote this in the Father's Day card I gave him, but it's so true. I should have known he would be, but Dennis amazes me daily with how truly good he is at being a dad! I always knew he was a great guy, but I couldn't have picked a better man as the father of my children. It's such fun to see Dennis loving on these kids, and to see their adoration for him. Abby and Tyler are so lucky ... and they should feel proud to claim Dennis (a.k.a. Superman) as their dad! Happy Dads Day to all of the other wonderful fathers (uncles, godfathers and friends too!) out there that read our little blog. Hope you enjoy yourselves today!

1 comment:

Grammy said...

What a great bunch of dads!!!!