But, I don't think we did a very good job! We (and by that I mean ME) wanted to hit Ikea for a little bit of shopping. We considered the kids' area, which provides 45 minutes of supervised play time for the kids ... a way of saving them from all of the boring shopping. But ... Grandan did one better. He saved Abby and Tyler from shopping "torture" by whisking them away to see "Up," a new movie that came out this week. Apparently both (well all three) kids enjoyed it quite a bit, and afterwards they did lunch breakfast-style at Perkins. It's what they kids requested! THEN, they headed to Pirate's Cove, a local miniature golf spot for the kids' first-ever attempt at mini golf. Saturday, June 6, 2009
Our Relaxation Day
So, you may recall - today was to have been a relaxation day ... a bit of recovery from all of the hustle and bustle over the past week.
But, I don't think we did a very good job! We (and by that I mean ME) wanted to hit Ikea for a little bit of shopping. We considered the kids' area, which provides 45 minutes of supervised play time for the kids ... a way of saving them from all of the boring shopping. But ... Grandan did one better. He saved Abby and Tyler from shopping "torture" by whisking them away to see "Up," a new movie that came out this week. Apparently both (well all three) kids enjoyed it quite a bit, and afterwards they did lunch breakfast-style at Perkins. It's what they kids requested! THEN, they headed to Pirate's Cove, a local miniature golf spot for the kids' first-ever attempt at mini golf.
Grandan says it was QUITE amusing to watch Tyler and Abby (but mostly Tyler) try to get the ball in the hole. I think they stopped keeping count of the strokes after the first couple of holes! Oh well ... they had a GREAT time, and Mom, Nanny and I had a wonderful afternoon of shopping. I think we spent about THREE hours at Ikea. That place is amazing. Don't get me started. 



But, I don't think we did a very good job! We (and by that I mean ME) wanted to hit Ikea for a little bit of shopping. We considered the kids' area, which provides 45 minutes of supervised play time for the kids ... a way of saving them from all of the boring shopping. But ... Grandan did one better. He saved Abby and Tyler from shopping "torture" by whisking them away to see "Up," a new movie that came out this week. Apparently both (well all three) kids enjoyed it quite a bit, and afterwards they did lunch breakfast-style at Perkins. It's what they kids requested! THEN, they headed to Pirate's Cove, a local miniature golf spot for the kids' first-ever attempt at mini golf.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love my daughter but that time we spent at Ikea was anything by relaxing!
Post a Comment