While I LOVE spending time with these little people in my life, I kind of look forward to my hour of child-free time at the gym daily. Is that wrong? Because lately, I need a little break from all of the drama that comes with the territory: a three-year old who is prone to tantrums, and a six-year old who just may be 15 and has recently discovered her sass! I should really watch what I'm saying, as we have grandparents coming to town this weekend, and then in a few weeks (to watch the kids while we're on vacation). They're not that bad ... seriously grandparents! Sometimes it's really kind of humorous - like these MAJOR dramas:
Abby has decided that, while it's fun to MAKE Pistachio Pudding Parfaits, she is NOT a fan of eating them. No biggie. But, I had one last parfait in the refrigerator, and it really should have been eaten already. Anyway, it it needed to go tonight. So, after dinner, I asked who was interested. Tyler volunteered, and immediately went to town eating the pudding. Of course, Abby was very concerned about what SHE was going to receive for dessert.
ME: "How about a chocolate or vanilla pudding pack?"
No answer. So, I proceeded with the dinner dishes. Next thing I know, Abby is whining like nobody's business.ABBY: "Mommmmmyyy - Tyler is eating the whole thing!"
DENNIS: "Oh, Tyler ... stop right there buddy. Abby wants to finish the rest."
ABBY: "Noooooo! I don't want THAT pudding. I just don't want HIM to have the whole thing, because it would be MORE than what I'm getting in one pudding pack!"
ME: "Sorry Charlie ... you can have one vanilla or a chocolate pack. It doesn't matter how much Tyler gets!"
Then I leave the room to do some task. All I know is there was lots of whining and my least favorite phrase "That's not fair!" was being used! When I return, Abby is opening her second pudding pack ... and gloating like a cat who ate the canary. It seems Daddy wasn't in the mood to argue the point tonight. All I have to say is ... OH LORDY! This child is going to give me grey hair!

A somewhat shorter explanation here. Starla (beloved stuffed animal ... but don't tell Abby she's stuffed, because Abby says "she's real!") fell into the sink today when Abby was washing her hands. Tears. Whining. Abby said, "She's ruined!" Oh goodness! I patiently took Starla and hung her by the ears on a clippie hanger, then put her in the laundry room doorway to dry. But, apparently that wasn't good enough. Starla had to hang RIGHT where we were making our cookies (on the kitchen counter) and dangle in the way while my two "helpers" assisted me with the cookies we were making. This was, of course, too tempting for Tyler, who kept swinging her around (three-year old little brothers ARE annoying!), much to Abby's dismay.

This is what the top of our refrigerator looked like the other day. I can't remember why these trucks had to have a timeout, but that's where they were. It
kind of helps Tyler get the picture. Anyway, Tyler was throwing another fit, and I told him I would be taking something ELSE away if he didn't stop. I mentioned that there really wasn't any more room on the top of the refrigerator, so he should make a good choice. What does Tyler do? Immediately stops crying and says, "Well, actually Mommy, there's a little spot on that one side. Something could fit there!"
1 comment:
Drama??????? If that's happening frequently, maybe I'll just postpone my visit for a few months. I'm still laughing about the top of the fridge display. If that fire truck backs up a bit, you'll be buying a new glass cooktop stove! Careful!
Post a Comment