Wednesday, June 24, 2009

STAYcation: The LYH-otel

Our house is a DISASTER! Good thing it has to get cleaned up tonight so it can be professionally cleaned tomorrow. Regardless, we needed to escape the mess here ... so last night, we "checked in" at the LYH-otel for a little pampering during our STAYcation. That's Abby after her relaxing bath. Now, for those of you who don't know, we call my parents' house in SouthWood the Little Yellow House (or LYH for short ... which is why its the LYH-otel). When I told Emily Smith that's where we would be going last night, she's the one who suggested we would be "checking in!" Six-year olds are so funny! Lorie Smith got into the theme as well, giving me a bunch of hotel soaps and lotions. Thanks Lorie, but you know I'll watch Sarah Kate free of charge anytime! :)We enjoyed our little break from home, and this morning we did what tourists do, we ... ... went OUT for breakfast! After sending Dennis off to work, the kids and I then spent our morning at the SouthWood pool. What a fun STAYcation we're having!

2 comments:

Grammy said...

Looks like a really wonderful STAYcation at the LYH. Gee, do you think I might be able to get a reservation there next month if I drive the 4 hours to Tallahassee?
Would someone take me for waffles (and coffee) as well?????

Mandy Schnittker said...

You got it! And I'll even splurge for Starbuck's for YOU!