Monday, February 16, 2009

Little Artists

I swear blog readers ... this was NOT premeditated. As I was painting the coffee table (see previous post), I remembered a project Ms. Kim does in her cooking class with Advent students. You tint milk with food coloring and "paint" bread, before toasting it for sandwiches. We had a great time decorating our wheat bread (you're actually supposed to use white so the colors show up better ... but this worked fine) and the kids gobbled up the whole sandwich once topped with peanut butter and honey. I'd say that's proof that presentation is key!This was my creation ... that's me and the kids on the right slice. Hey! Milk paint on bread is a tough medium!And to get some fruit in them, I gave each an artist's palette of dippers (caramel, blueberry yogurt and chocolate sauce from L-R) for their sliced apples!

1 comment:

Momof3 said...

Love this idea!! We actually did this last week and the kids had a ball. I'll try to post some pics on our blog to see the kids in action.