Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day Eve

Since Valentine's Day fell on a Friday (ooohh! Friday the 13th!), we got to celebrate this fun holiday for two straight days. Today, it was all about the school parties!

This morning, Abby was excited to have the whole family come to her kindergarten class (yes, I was there too - I'm just always the photographer) for a Family Valentines Breakfast. However, I have to say, getting everyone ready, ironing clothes (I know Mom, I should have had that done!), making lunches ... along with 50-60 slices of bacon (our contribution for the breakfast), and leaving the house with the whole family for the day at 7:15 a.m. is NOT my cup of tea. Speaking of which, I didn't have time to make a cup of tea ... or coffee to take with me, so I've been tired all day long! But, it was great to spend time with Abby. I love this picture of her with Dennis ... but especially because of Tyler's expression. It's as if he's saying, "Oh, I see how it is!" Lovin' that milk mustache, Abby!Then at Advent, Tyler had a fun little party ... and he made Strawberry Shortcakes in Cooking. Ms. Cindy and Ms. Vicky had quite a job passing out all the goodies the kids brought in. So ... do you think Ty ate much for lunch today? NO! He and a good friend, Campbell, did more hugging than eating. Aren't they precious though? The crown (which Ty wore ALL day), says "King Tyler," even though he told me he was a prince.

TY: Ms. Cindy said I could wear a crown ... because I'm Prince Charming!
ME: Did you remind her that your name was Tyler, not Charming?
TY: (pause ... computing) Well, my name is Tyler, but she called me charming. (pause) And she said all of the girls were my princesses!

When we got home, Tyler got to check out all of his loot!My favorite thing was a little airplane one of the moms made (because the kids really don't have much to do with the whole process at this age, right? That said, Tyler DID write a "T" on his valentines). So easy ... and I love the message!
Oh, Abby made out like a bandit too. And, in addition to the valentines, Abby received her last Baggie Book reading award. We started with the beginning of the alphabet in September, and Abby made it all the way through Level I, which is the last one. Now, they're going to get her set up with and Accelerated Reader (AR) program account, so she can read books and take quizzes on the computer at school. Fun!

No comments: