Monday, February 23, 2009

A tisket, a tasket ...

... if I see another basket ... well, I just might scream! True, I did volunteer to head up the gift baskets for Advent's Silent Auction again this year, so I can't complain too much. But, as always (I've done them three years running), it turned into QUITE the project. There are 17 classes, and typically we do one basket each, having compiled items brought in from parents in that class. But, this year we broke them down into manageable amounts and ended up with 30 different groupings! While I haven't done a thorough analysis yet, I think it was a good choice economically. I believe we were able to get close to the baskets' values at the auction (or closer to the values than in previous years). Regardless, Friday's auction was really fun, and it kicked off a busy weekend for the Schnittkers. Mom was here helping (thanks Mom! You're a lifesaver!) so she took pictures of several of the baskets. I plan to pass them along to someone next year ... along with my notes. I think I've chaired my last basket committee at Advent (we'll see!) Anyway, here are a FEW of my favorite baskets ...

The Great Outdoors (Art Pack) - sidewalk paint, outdoor games and toys.Rainy Day Fun - everything you need to keep the kids entertained on a rainy day (or days for that matter). And, if you decide to brave the elements ... an umbrella!To the Rescue! (Spiderman and Batman Pack) - this was one of two superhero baskets. The other had a mix of adventure heroes, but this one was ALL Batman and Spiderman.My favorite packaging this year (pizza boxes) ... Friday Night Family Fun (Night In) - Pizza gift card, and all the games, movies and snacks needed to entertain the family. Dining Out ... with Kids! - gift cards to 3-4 family friendly restaurants, and lots of little things to distract them until the food hits the table!It's My Party (Circus Theme) - everything needed to host a party "under the big top" for 24 people! Invitations, party goods, popcorn tubs, and a bunch of favors ... even red clown noses. I was SO happy with how this one turned out, and I thought people would jump at the chance to bid on a complete party, but we pulled it and are going to auction it off separately. It wasn't going near enough to it's value ... and that KILLS me! Dads, Dads, Dads! (Health Nut) - several pieces of workout equipment, along with a couple gift cards to sporting goods stores. And it's all presented in a gym bag!

No comments: