Sunday, February 15, 2009

With LOVE, Mommy!

We had a great Valentines Day ... lots of family time, and lots of food crafts! Hey ... it's how I show my love! For breakfast, I made heart-shaped pancakes, which were a hit despite the less-than-yummy (in my opinion) pancake mix I used. Recently, while at Sam's Club, I happened upon a three-pack of mix that dispenses like Reddi-Whip. Not good. I don't recommend it. But, the kids liked the pancakes anyway. When it comes to breakfast food, they aren't too picky.Throughout the day, we snacked on heart-shaped Jello Jigglers. And, yes ... they were "the kind without alcohol" ... can't believe my daughter asked me that. But, if you consider what I did with Jello for Christmas and football season, then it was kind of warranted! I made them heart-shaped (right down to the pepperoni) ... although they would have eaten pizza no matter the shape. And, to get some of the good stuff in them (can you count Dino nuggets as good stuff?) I made some other favorites. I must admit, I have cookie cutter and food coloring issues. The cucumbers looked oh-so-cute as hearts, and the ranch dressing was much more exciting to the kids when it was Valentines Day pink!
We had dinner in front of the TV, watching Madagascar (a Valentines gift from us to the kids). Let me tell you ... you haven't lived until you've seen Abby and Tyler groove to "I want to move it, move it..." So funny. We all danced to the credit sequence, and after that, I needed a nap! The kids (who had a very full day) slept well too!

No comments: