Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Look at them Pearly Whites!
Oh, wait! Those are marshmallows! We'll get to that in a moment.
If you weren't aware, this is National Children's Dental Health Month. Abby's teacher has done a great job teaching the kids all about teeth ... and as a result, Abs can name the three different kinds of teeth (and their jobs), and she can list different parts of the the teeth. Seriously! I don't think I know that now! I may have once upon a time, but I didn't retain the information. On Friday, Abby came home with this cute little mouth, full of teeth (marshmallows). It's the exact number children have, and it folds over so you can see the closed mouth ... then it opens for flossing. 
Because of what they've learned in school, Abby can tell you how many teeth she has and how that compared to the number an adult has in their mouth. I had to go count mine to see if she was right when she told me. Thenk the other day she caught me off guard by asking if I still had my wisdom teeth. After the flossing demo, Abby grabbed Tyler (and Starla ... the stuffed animal, that "is NOT, I repeat NOT a stuffed animal ... she's real!") for a family picture. Talk about showin' off their pearly whites. These children are sportin' their BIG GRINS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment