Tuesday, February 24, 2009

And the Oscar goes to...

Yes ... that's a cake shaped like a bucket of popcorn (I made it with my big cupcake cake mold)! Dennis and I hosted Couples Bunco the other night ... and since it was the night before the Academy Awards, we made it an Oscars theme. So fun! I was able to use some of the film strip I got from the movie theatre for one of the Silent Auction baskets, and I pulled up some Oscars trivia to quiz our guests. There were also lots of movie theatre snacks ... and everyone drinking wine got to choose a "starlet name" ... If you rolled BUNCO, you got to wear this oh-so-glamorous Hollywood blonde bombshell wig and glasses. Personally, I think Marc Smith was looking good (check out how Dennis is putting the moves on him) ... and since he ended up with three Buncos, I think he might have been rolling them JUST to wear that wig. What do you think - who wore it best? Marc ... or Jenn?Jenn snuck away towards the end of the night, so I didn't get a shot of her without her lovely blonde curls, but I did grab some shots of everyone else. I'm going to put a bunch of pictures from the night on my Facebook page (hey! you guys are the ones that let me take shots of you in the wig), but here are the ones of my faithful blog readers.

Chris and Julie Howell.Screven and Sabrena Watson (this is BEFORE Sabrena won L-C-R ... again ... and started stashing her winnings in her shirt).Marc and Lorie Smith.No photos of Dennis and I (camera battery ran out as we were taking pictures late in the evening) ... but I swear I was there (that's me in the white shirt below - great angle, huh?). Here's a group of us playing L-C-R. We always play two rounds of Bunco, but L-C-R is our favorite way to end the night.
Prizes for our movie-themed get together were easy: movie watchin' snacks for during the Oscars (one for a guy - left, and one for a gal or more family friendly - right). And, the Bunco winners got movies. Dennis chose the titles wisely: "The Queen" for the woman with the most Buncos, and "Goodfellows" for the dude with the most!

No comments: