Friday, February 13, 2009

Be a Theta, Kappa Alpha Theta ...

"Oh, I'm a Theta, she's a Theta, together we will all be Thetas ... wouldn't you like to be a Theta too? Be a Theta, Kappa Alpha Theta!"

Those are a few of the words from one of the songs that has stuck with me from my sorority days in Kappa Alpha Theta. But, did we sing it at the Theta alumnae event I attended last night? NO! Instead, we sang my sorority's version of grace, which I could not remember a word of, let alone the tune! I kind of mumbled along ... thinking I would get to roll out my Theta handshake at some point and prove I remember something (haven't done that in more than a decade!), but all I got were regular handshakes! That said, it was nice to connect with others from my sorority (some who pledged here at FSU ... and some who live in Tallahassee but went to other colleges) - even though most of them were over 60 (no offense to many of you regular blog readers)! I did meet a couple people who have children at Abby's school and in the same after-school activities. I recognized their faces from around town, so it was nice to actually meet them and discover our other bond: Theta sisterhood. I'm glad I went last night. Maybe I'll actually get involved and somehow support the local chapter. Like I need another hobby though, right!?!

No comments: