Here's what the table looked like this morning. I was really nervous about painting it, because the table was one of our first purchases as a married couple, and the wood was a bunch of floorboards from a hosiery factory in Manchester, England in the early 1900s (or longer ago than that ... I can't remember).
Monday, February 16, 2009
Coffee Table Makeover
The kids and I got to spend the day at home together today because it was Teacher Planning Day in Leon County (Tyler and I have missed having our buddy, Abby, with us everyday, so today was great!). Anyway, we had plenty of projects to keep us busy. I've wanted to paint the coffee table to match the new rug and entertainment center, and I had to spraypaint a basket (for Advent), plus I plan to paint my toes tonight (I'm trying to save money by doing at-home pedicures ... I'm NOT good at it!) So, today became "Paint Day!"
Here's what the table looked like this morning. I was really nervous about painting it, because the table was one of our first purchases as a married couple, and the wood was a bunch of floorboards from a hosiery factory in Manchester, England in the early 1900s (or longer ago than that ... I can't remember).
Abby and Tyler graciously agreed to help me stir and sand ... 
... and I wasn't really going to let them paint. However, I caved! They actually did a pretty good job, except for the prank my little jokester (Abby) pulled on me. She thought it would be funny to take me literally when I said, "We just need one coat on the top." The girl seriously painted a "coat!" She was tickled with herself and her little piece of art (see below), and frankly it WAS a bit funny. But, I quickly painted over that, and it started coming together. 
I'll need to do some touchups here and there, and I have to get some polyurethane to finish it off, but I'm thinking it will be a nice change! Now, Tyler thinks we painted the coffee table because "it hit him in the head this morning," so don't tell him it was all a coincidence! He was spinning in the living room and really whacked his noggin pretty hard. To make him feel better I said, "That coffee table is SO mean ... it needs to change its attitude. We'll give it a makeover!" Later Tyler said, "I can't even tell this is the same table that hit me in the head!"
Here's what the table looked like this morning. I was really nervous about painting it, because the table was one of our first purchases as a married couple, and the wood was a bunch of floorboards from a hosiery factory in Manchester, England in the early 1900s (or longer ago than that ... I can't remember).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment