Normally a post titled, "Mommy and Me," would be about my adventures with Abby or Tyler. But
this one is about MY mommy and me! She has been in town this week, and I'm so happy to say, we've actually had time to visit with each other. Of course, it's been "on the go," but that's fine by us! On Wednesday, Mom and I spent most of the day painting pottery with Abby's kindergarten class ... NOT a very relaxing activity! I am the Silent Auction parent for her class, and we are making a few pieces to auction off as part of our class theme. For the past couple days, we've also run about town doing doing errands, and to help me out ... Mom has taken children to and fro. So, last night (Friday), I thanked her by treating her to dinner at a cool sushi restaurant:
Thanks Jenn for the tip on the restaurant and the White Orchid Roll (yummy)! This IS a novel concept ... the sushi plates are prepared by a chef near the back of the restaurant, then put on a conveyor belt that runs through the middle of the tables.

You select the plates you want, as well as anything else that passes by: wasabi, fresh ginger, eel sauce ... you name it! You can also order off the menu. So fun! I tried to take a couple more pictures but Mom said she was getting embarrased. Doesn't she know my blog readers depend on me for fresh content? You'll have to settle for this shot of Linda using chopsticks ...
so exciting!

2 comments:
Linda Kari-Kato using the chopsticks like a pro!!!
Mmmmmm white orchid roll. YUM.
Post a Comment