Sunday, March 22, 2009

Wheels That Work

Saturday morning was spent in SouthWood, where the kids (and I do mean Abby, Tyler AND Dennis!) and I were able to get up close and personal with a dozen or so BIG vehicles and machines. They call it "Wheels That Work" ... genius! And I have to say, it was a hit with this crew! The prospect of sitting in and on all of this heavy machinery "worked" the kids up into a frenzy! There was construction equipment and a few city utility and landscaping vehicles, as well as a garbage truck, school bus, ambulance, fire truck, race car, limo, police car, ice cream truck, bomb squad vehicle ... and even a helipcopter, which we got to see land, tour, and then take off again!

WARNING: Do NOT operate heavy machinery while... OH, wrong warning! I meant to warn you that we took LOTS of photos. I'll try to keep the commentary to a minimum so you can just enjoy the photos. My favorite: Tyler grimacing when the helicopter was about to land. Incidentally, it was VERY high up in the sky when we has making the face you'll see. Good to be prepared though, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I think I just may have to move to this place called "Southwood." They do some pretty nice things for people who live there. This one was really great for kids (of all ages!)