Friday, March 13, 2009

One Week Boutique

Many of you know that I've been participating in a consignment sale this week. It's the One Week Boutique, a children's clothing/toys/gear sale that is held in Tallahassee twice a year. I believe this is the sixth sale. I've shopped at all six, and consigned/volunteered at five now. Not only do I find cute things, we've actually been able to get rid of so many things the kids have outgrown. At the last sale, we sold the play kitchen. I think I was in a blog rut that month, so here's a shot I took of Abby saying goodbye ... to the kitchen, that is. It was taking up so much room in the playroom, and they truly didn't play with it much anymore. We told Abby and Ty it would clear out space so they could enjoy the playroom and the toys that WERE age-appropriate even more. It has been nice to have the extra space.

Well, this sale was mainly a chance to dig ourselves out of a mound of baby books and toddler toys (it's amazing how much you can accumulate!) So far (as of the sale's close for Thursday night), we have made about $300. Woohoo! I'd say that just about covers what I spent at the Preview Sale on Wednesday afternoon! But let me defend myself, this IS my main outlet for purchasing the kids' clothes/gear these days ... and I must say, I did a pretty good job finding what they "needed" like jeans, shorts, shoes, etc. (do they really NEED anything!?!) This shirt was a question mark. I didn't know what Abby would think, but she liked it so much, she begged me to let her wear it to school on Thursday (even before I washed it ... but I know the previous owner) so she could fly all day long! It is a fun shirt.
And, since we freed ourselves of tricycles and toddler ride-alongs, Tyler was treated to a big boy bike (for $15 - this was such a deal!). He was so excited when we let him uncover it and ride around in the driveway before school on Thursday. What a big boy we have!

No comments: