Hello Ladies and Gents ... I'm SO glad to be sitting down to the computer for a few minutes, as I've been spring cleaning today! It sounds better if I call it that, but the truth is the house was so messy, I grounded myself this morning! That's right, as much as my thighs needed the gym AND as much some items on my errand list could have been crossed off, I stayed home while Tyler was at school. This is big for me folks! But lately I've felt like a jumping bean ... working, volunteering, running children back and forth, going here and there ... and that doesn't count all the non-essential things I do (like hiding fake "gold" from Lucky the Leprechaun or blogging, right?)! Bottom line, I NEVER leave myself a long enough window to get actual things done. It seems there's only enough time to put out the hottest fire OR I just look around at the messes, throw up my hands ... and do the easiest something! But today, I spent the live long morning (someone else brought Ty home for me, which gave me THREE straight hours!) straightening and cleaning stuff out, while Ms. Norma did the normal bi-weekly cleaning. Yes, we do pay her for that luxury, but God bless her! It IS nice to have a clean house EVEN though there are messy closets, drawers and piles of random stuff stashed in corners all over it!Well, if I was grading my performance this morning, I would give myself an "E" ... for effort! BUT ... if you came over and really looked at the nooks and crannies at my house ... I know I'd fail miserably! There are STILL so many things to go through. The garage hasn't had cars parked in it since BEFORE Christmas, and I really do hope we'll be able to open the office doors to guests someday soon. But for now, I'm happy to have a few things done. Maybe I'll ground myself again soon. However, for now I'm off to help my lovely little kindergartner with homework, 'cause we have to make a break for it as soon as Tyler wakes up from his nap! What can I say - old habits die hard!
No comments:
Post a Comment