Monday, March 9, 2009

That's Entertainment

Abby and Tyler kept us entertained all weekend long. The weekend was filled with the ordinary (gymnastics, Mommy's gym, church and Sunday School) and some out of the ordinary (we had a high school friend of Dennis' over for dinner... he was visiting FSU on Iowa football business, and I got out with some girlfriends I hadn't visited with in awhile). But, the weather was GREAT, and we took advantage by spending lots of time outdoors riding bikes, doing yardwork (well Dennis did yardwork), playing and having picnics on the deck. And, you wouldn't believe the wonderful dinner show we were treated to last night at dinner. Complete with canes (plastic golf clubs) and top hats (sandbox toys) these kids are ready for Broadway!Abby started this whole production ... surprise! She DOES have a flair for the dramatic. Seriously, I have no idea where she gets it! By the way, check out the bottom teeth on our girl! They are coming out tomorrow ... finally! I did think the dentist was nuts last month when he said I could "pull them out" myself if I wanted to. Whatever! We've been having her eat apples and corn, AND wiggling them on her own - and they still haven't come out. Yet, he wanted ME to pull them out!?! I said, "why don't you just call us if a spot opens up on the schedule." So they did. Tomorrow's the day! It will be ADIOS to Abby's first two baby teeth, and HELLO to the awkward stage! Of course, we'll take a picture!

No comments: