Thursday, April 9, 2009

Tyler the Turtle

I must say, without the carseats (usually the kids ride in them on the plane) and a stroller in tow, we were a well-oiled machine walking through the airport! Tyler and Abby pulled their little rolling suitcases full of carry-on airplane activities, and Dennis and I each toted our own pieces of carry-on luggage. But in Atlanta on the return trip, something made Abby want to carry her bag like a backpack ... but she's used to that because of her school backpack. Tyler on the other hand - is NOT. And his was quite heavy for a little guy.
You just think he's holding on to this bar so he doesn't fall when the train moves, but it's because if he lets go, he'll fly backwards. I don't think I've laughed as hard in a long time as I did while watching Tyler stagger through the concourse, about to buckle under the weight of his little backpack. He looked like he had thrown back a few in the airport bar! Ask me to watch the video sometime, but please ignore the laughing/crying in the background as Tyler's mean mommy observed a three-year old trying to "do it myself!" Don't turn me in to the authorities!

1 comment:

Momof3 said...

Do you know where Grammy got these backpacks? Thanks, Kym