These are also known as "Resurrection Cookies," as they tell the story of Easter and what Jesus went through when he died for us. Earlier this week, we all went to the "Easter Walkabout" at a local church. They take you through a 30-minute walking show, that recounts The Last Supper, Easter morning, etc. The kids really got a lot out of it ... and have talked about it quite a bit this week. Anyway, I found this recipe on one of my favorite blogs several months ago, and bookmarked it to do with the kids this Easter. Problem is we were gone ALL DAY long at Animal Kingdom and I knew everyone was tired. But you're supposed to see the cookie "results" on Easter Sunday morning, so we did them quickly. Great message ... good Easter story refresher ... and I'll tell you tomorrow how they taste.
Each step in the recipe means something ... but I haven't the patience to list everything tonight. Here's the link to the blog (a favorite of mine ... I KNOW you'll like this one Kym ... she homeschools her preschoolers) where I found the recipe. She took pictures of each step and listed the accompanying bible verses. And here's the blog from which she "borrowed" the recipe from last year. Thanks to both ladies for their great ideas!
No comments:
Post a Comment