Thursday, April 23, 2009

Busy Little Gnomes

Oh, we HAVE been busy little gnomes today! Tyler and I delivered several of Abby's birthday invitations, and she took the others to school today. I think our family members are the only ones who haven't offically received the notice. Let's see, can you read it here?
If not, here's the text itself (must be read in a very serious, yet fairy-like tone. To me ... this is sort of Irish sounding!):
------------------------------------------------

Greetings my Dear Fairy Friend,

I bring you grave news from the Enchanted Briar. An evil wizard has cast a spell and stolen my fairy magic! In fact, I’m told the wizard’s spell is wide reaching … possibly affecting all of the fairies in our great land! As you can imagine, I am heartbroken. A group of busy little gnomes was hard at work, planning a fabulous fairy festival in honor of my 6th birthday, I’m afraid my remaining powers are not strong enough to fight the evil wizard alone and restore the peace in time for my birthday celebration. I need your help!

Please meet me at Shamrock Park (across the brook in the land of Killearn) on Saturday, May 9th at noon. I’m told that’s where the evil wizard has hidden our fairy magic! My dear friend … I know we can reverse the spell in time! Please send a message as soon as possible to let me know I can count on your help.

Your friend -
Abby of the Enchanted Briar
-----------------------------------------------
How fun is this party going to be? I simply can't contain myself! We've already heard from a few little fairies who have agreed to help Fairy Abby reverse the wizard's spell. I came up with most of this wording on my own, but I "borrowed" the premise from a blogger on a party planning site. She said one of her daughter's friends made her mom jump in the car as soon as the invitation was received and drive across town to send word that she could help find the fairy magic! How cute! I think most of Abby's friends were lost at the word "grave" in the first sentence, but Abby says she read the whole note to them ... and gave them the gist (do you think this could have been: Come indulge my crazy mom ... she'll make us work for it with games and a hunt of sorts, but you'll get cake in the end!)

2 comments:

The Smith Family said...

We will be there for sure...Emily thought the invitation was cute...but did ask why they used real leaves to tie it off and make tags...I guess she's a "green" girl at heart! :)

Grammy said...

If Mandy's happy, then we're all happy!!!