
Well you think I could have come up with a good way to teach the kids about Earth Day and respecting the land we live on. But INSTEAD, we plucked leaves
off the trees and used them for Abby's fairy party invites! I guess I'm not going to win any green awards this year! Crazy thing is we had a couple Earth Day activities planned, but I just didn't have my act together. I guess we were too busy tying invitation scrolls up with liriope and writing on dogwood leaves so they could serve as nametags. I can't wait to share the invitation wording with all of you, but I'm in a hurry now ...
and we want Abby's little fairies (and their families) to read from the scrolls first. Tyler is playing "hooky" today (not really ... it's only preschool!) and we're off to the library and errands: a much-needed Mommy-Tyler day! Maybe we'll stop to pick up some litter or something to make ammends for stealing from Mother Nature yesterday!
2 comments:
yes...stop and pick up litter to make ammends (I don't think that sounds like a good idea with all the crazy drivers in this town!) If you can't find any on the side of the road, feel free to use your key and go by my house and you'll find plenty inside that needs to be picked up! Just don't turn on any lights because we are trying to conserve energy! :)
I agree with Lori...DO NOT PICK UP LITTER BY THE ROADSIDE! Sometimes it scares me to drive by lawn people that are mowing grass so close to the road...yikes! Can't wait to see the invites. You make me tired Mandy. I think I need a nap.
Post a Comment