Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Jelly Beans for Gram
We made a fun little basket for Gram last week. First, she got one of our cool Easter egg color-dyed placemats (I think this is my new favorite recycled craft!) and we included some of our colored eggs.
We put the eggs in a nest, made from Chow Mein noodles and crushed Chex cereal (held together with a mixture of peanut butter, chocolate chips and marshmallow). I won't actually share this recipe, as it wasn't very yummy and didn't really work long term (looks cute in the picture though). I used what was in Martha's pantry to save us another trip to the store. I think I combined a couple recipes for "nest cookies." Anyway, we also gave Gram a baggie of assorted jelly beans, carefully selected by Abby, as each color represents some aspect of Easter.
You can find the full poem online here, but Abby wrote it out for Gram )well she wrote the title and color names ... then I filled in the info). I think it was a nice learning experience for Abby too, and of course, we all enjoyed eating the extra jelly beans!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment