Sunday, April 26, 2009

Surprise!

Yippee! We pulled it off! If you know me, you know I have a VERY tough time keeping a secret. So, it's a major accomplishment that I was able to keep Dad's super birthday surprise for Mom under wraps! Way back in January, Dad got GREAT seats for "Wicked," the musical, in Jacksonville ... enough for all of us to attend, IF we could make it there. "You better believe we will," I said! I had heard awesome things about Wicked. So, on Friday afternoon, we left the kids with friends, then met Aaron in Lake City so we could all drive to JAX together. We felt like secret squirrels, as we rushed to get ready (in the room next door to Mom and Dad) and be downstairs when they left for dinner. We were all sitting there in the hotel lobby, with newspapers in front of our faces, and when they came in we dropped the papers and yelled "surprise!" Here's Aaron hugging Mom, while trying to high five Dad. I love Dad's expression: "Yep ... got her!"
We did a quick little champagne birthday toast with styrofoam cups (oops forgot nicer ones!) ...
... then we headed to a wonderful dinner at a restaurant called "Matthew's" in San Marco (thanks Dennis for taking pictures, as we were busy celebrating!) ... ... before hurrying off to the show with birthday gifts in hand!This picture was actually taken on our way in to Wicked ... you better believe these two witches are excited! And rightfully so, the show was GREAT!
Thanks Dad for coordinating everything. What a great way to spend Mom's birthday!

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...it was a wonderful birthday. Thanks for the great surprise. I couldn't have asked for a better 24 hours.