


Abby and Tyler: Farmhands Extraordinaire! Okay, so there's only one explanation ... they must have been switched at birth, because these children could not be MINE. I could no more feed animals with my bare hands than fly! But, they don't seem to be phased by it at all.


I guess being OUTSIDE the sheep pen wasn't exciting enough ... they had to get IN! I love Abby's expression. It's as if she's saying, "Wait until Mommy gets a load of this!"

On this particular morning (our last in Iowa), Abby and Tyler "helped" Grandpa on the farm for a good couple of hours. They drove the tractor and retrieved a bale of hay for the cattle.


Then jumped on it, of course!

But it's what they saw next that was REALLY amazing: calves that were only a couple of days old ... out in the field, just lying there. I'm told Abby and Tyler were so gentle, petting each one so carefully. My question is: Where are the mama cows? And why don't they mind small children petting their babies?



And this baby calf was so brand new, the kids got to see Bill put an eartag (I prefer to think of it as an accessory ... and earring, perhaps!) on it. Abby was so intrigued.

But the coolest thing in Abby's book was holding the baby lamb.

Oh, check out those shoes! No, they aren't Abby's (well there WERE, once upon a time), they are Tyler's feet. And, guess what he stepped in!?! What do you expect? It's a farm! That's why the shoes stay in Iowa! But the memories of all of this fun came home with us. A couple more pictures from the airport (funny story I MUST tell) and I'll be done posting about our trip. I have Easter crafts and fun to share next.
2 comments:
When Martha and Bill get ready to retire from farming, Abby and Tyler might be in line to buy it from them. Forget the summer camps--the kids can go visit M&B every summer and give them a break. Hey M&B...you can go on vacation to Florida!!! Sounds good to me.
Still love the blue mary jane's with the "star". I'm so glad the fashion police made sure Tyler got the blue hat to match the shoes.
Post a Comment