Thursday, January 15, 2009

Too KOOL for School!

I did something new this past weekend ... I taught Sunday School! In 2008, our family made a personal committment to get to church on a more regular basis, especially since Abby and Tyler had gotten involved in a Sunday School class. Well, if they're staying for that extra hour, then so are their chauffers, right? So, I began shepharding a Sunday School group in the fall ... and when I heard they didn't have a volunteer to lead a group for a four-week workshop, I stepped in apprehensively. I'm happy to announce that it was painless ... and pretty fun.
I'm doing a cooking lesson that explains the importance and symbolism of Baptism. And guess what ... it uses Kool-Aid!
The 4th and 5th graders seemed to get the point on Sunday, and we'll see how the other ages do in the coming weeks! I've made a mental note though ... you kind of lose your credibility and the kids don't think you're at all cool, when you share that you just tried Kool-Aid for the first time this summer because your "mom always thought it was too sugary!" Even though I was trying to be punny ... I guess the title of this post should really be: "Mandy ... not KOOL enough for Sunday School!"

No comments: