Wednesday, January 21, 2009

How cool was yesterday!?!

I meant to blog about this last night, but frankly I was STILL glued to the TV, enjoying all of the post-inauguaration coverage. Our TV got quite a workout yesterday (it was on pretty much nonstop, and that's big in our house!) as we took in the pomp and circumstance of Obama's swearing in ceremony and festivities. What a great learning experience for Abby and Tyler too. Abby's class watched it all on TV at school and they talked about this particular presidency and why it will go down in history. Thought you might enjoy this photo of the first inauguaration that was held at the Capitol.
What a difference from the GRAND event that we witnessed yesterday. While I think it would have been a great thing to see in person, I was quite happy watching from the comfort of our living room, with my two sick guys (who are feeling MUCH better I might add. Tyler is still home recuperating, but Dennis is back at work!)

No comments: