Thursday, January 29, 2009
100th Day of Kindergarten
I don't recall ever keeping track of things like they do in school now. Today was the 100th day of the school in Leon County ... therefore, the 100th day of Abby's kindergarten year! To start the day off, I really loaded Abby up with carbs (don't worry all you moms, there's usually some turkey bacon, egg, or yogurt at breakfast) in an effort to make the number "100" on her plate.
The "1" on the far left is a piece of Strawberry Banana Bread, which the kids and I made the other day. And I did put some cream cheese on the "0s" - a mini cinnamon raisin bagel. In school, Mrs. Shaw had the kids use the counting skills (counting to 100 by 5s and 10s) they've been developing by stringing 100 Froot Loops onto yarn to make necklaces ...
... and they shared their collections of 100 items brought in from home. Abby had NO problem at all collecting 100 acorns in our backyard (the ones that weren't confiscated by our pesky backyard squirrels!) We also had to help Abby with an interview, featuring questions like, "I could balance 100 _____." (Abby said "napkins") And, in 100 years I hope to ______________." (Abby said "go into space") But our favorite was, "It would be too much work if I had 100 __________________. (Abby answered "brothers or sisters") Uh ... no kidding! At times I think TWO is too much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my...I'm sure if Marc had been in town I would have made Emily breakfast in the shape of "100" this morning too, you never cease to amaze me with your food creations!
Post a Comment