This will be my last post today ... I promise! But, I'm on a roll and I wanted to get this note off my desk. Since the new year began, Dennis and I have been keeping a list of funny things we've heard the kids say. This was actually Dennis' idea ... and he's done a super job of writing them down on bits of scrap paper in the kitchen. But I really don't know what he plans to do with them at that point ... write a book? Chances are, I'd eventually "clean them up" (a.k.a. stash them in a basket) so my house looked tidy for guests. So ... here are a few of the best:
"Don't get squirrel on my bat!" (1/1/09)
- Abby to me as I was headed into the playroom to bang on the wall with her baseball bat (We have a squirrel who has learned how to get through a hole in our roof and in the eves of our house to scratch around, hide acorns, whatever. Dennis is looking into it!)
"When I grow up, I'm going to be a champion!" (1/2/09)
- Tyler, sounding very thoughtful while watching football with Dennis
"I look like I've been mugged!" (1/4/09)
- Dennis after the Epiphany Pageant at church.
Tyler was very antsy during all parts but the program itself, and he only wanted Dennis to hold him (a.k.a climb on) that night. Dennis really did look disheveled at the end of the evening!
"I don't like it. I mean, I'm okay with it; I'm just not a big fan of it." (1/7/09)
- Abby, sharing an opinion with her dad, in a manner sounding very similar to ... well, me!
"Did you see Chief Osceola?" (1/9/09)
- Tyler, when Dennis said he had a fabulous day at the office. Dennis followed it up by saying he hadn't run into the FSU mascot at work that day. I guess Tyler thinks Chief Osceola, Renegade, Bobby Bowden, etc. all drink from the same water cooler!
I know I have spent awhile on this blog today, but the kids have been playing so well this afternoon. I had pictures posted in draft form from the beginning of the week, and while they entertained themselves, I was able to finish/publish the posts. I will actually have to post ONE more thing tonight. Dennis is in Pittsburgh this week for work, and from his cell phone, he has forwarded pictures of himself in the snow. Look for those a bit later. I have to make dinner!
1 comment:
Love the comments, I've been doing this with Emily since she was born basically, I think I have a 15 page "Word" document saved with funny words and sayings at all different ages...I love to go back and read it. :)
Post a Comment