Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Letter Crayons

We have been SO busy crafting here! It's because I find little projects in magazines throughout the year ... thinking they would be GREAT to do around Christmastime. Problem is ... I forget how busy it gets this time of year! Oh well. The kids love helping create gifts for their friends and family. This is the first of several posts about what we did here over the weekend. The laundry may be overflowing (literally!) and the house is a disaster ... but many of you will be receiving fun homemade gifts this year, made by a couple of Christmas elves: Abby and Tyler. These silicone molds are awesome. I bought them online, when I discovered they could be used for jello, chocolate, cake ... and crayons! What a great way to get rid of the oodles of broken crayons we have here (oh - and I did "help" the preschool by using some of their broken pieces as well).It was fascinating (apparently!) to watch the crayons melt in the oven. Just 20 minutes at 275 degrees ... but then we had to let them cool!The finished product. I already gave this set to a family friend, but I'm not revealing the other few dozen letters I have sitting on the counter!

2 comments:

Momof3 said...

Thanks for the post! These are super cute and very useful. The letter and number sets are on sale right now if you buy them together.

The Smith Family said...

Adorable!