Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Art Auction
To prepare the house for Christmas decorating, we held a little art auction the day after Thanksgiving. Yes - these pieces of art are priceless, but they had graced the walls of our "gallery" for quite some time, and we needed to move them out to make room for a new collection! Lucky there were grandparents and great-grandparents in town with pockets of change ... and room on their refrigerators!
I plucked artwork from the wall behind me in this photo and auctioned it off (most pieces for a quarter or 50 cents) to the highest bidder. We had paddles of all shapes and sizes: FSU fans, shamrock diecuts, and princess wands! I thought I had it all figured out ... the artwork leaves our house (which is overflowing with masterpieces from these two artists) and the change collected is added to Abby's Penny Harvest collection (a charity being supported by her elementary school). The kids got really into it ... they were cheering on Grammy, Grandan and Nanny and were so proud when someone "won" their work of art. That is, until they realized bidding was fun for THEM too!
We actually ended up buying several items from our OWN gallery! Thanks Grandan for upping the anty! Dennis had to put an I.O.U. in Abby's piggy back in order to buy a picture he could have grabbed off the wall that morning. But hey ... we had fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment