Project #1: Watermelon Cookies. I moved our baking station to the kitchen table and asked the kids to stay in their seats unless they were invited to the "helping chair." When we bake, I'm always being crowded by two very eager helpers who want constant tastes of what we're making, so this time I wised up. 
We haven't finished the watermelon cookies, but here's what happened when we were prepping the dough ... Abby got a bit overzealous with the mixing speed and sent flour a flying. But the kids were delighted that it appeared to have "snowed" on the table!
Project #2: Banner. So I could clean up the mess, I got them started on a Watermelon Day banner. You'll see the finished product in a post later on tonight.
Project #3: Lunch. And, what would a theme day be without a food craft? I could have done better, but HEY... Watermelon Day was only established this morning at around 9:00 am! Abby and Tyler thought the mini-bagel with jelly and raisins fit the bill ... but they gave me a hard time about the turkey and cheese rollup (not themed I guess?) and apples. I told them fruit and protein were a must and if they didn't cooperate, I'm sure the neighbors would welcome a nice plate of watermelon cookies! :)
That's about all the projects we'll be doing ... but don't think I didn't ponder a seed spitting contest! Guess that wouldn't be a good skill to teach them!
No comments:
Post a Comment