Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mommy-Daughter Date

Even though we told Tyler we were running errands this afternoon (didn't want to lie, but...), Abby and I went on a little outing together to see a local production of Beauty and the Beast. Now, there's a big difference between the Broadway musical I saw in New York a few weeks ago, and this summer stage high school production. But, Abby LOVED it. She kept telling me she was scared, but she had NO problem at all going right up to the performers afterwards for photos! Here she is with the BEAST:And with the guy who played GASTON:
And, finally with BELLE herself. I love how Abby is holding her dress ... kind of nervous, but would NEVER admit it!After the show, we stopped by the store for a few things and got totally caught in the rain. Weird because the photos above were taken only 30 minutes earlier and it bright and sunny then! I thought we could pass the time under the overhang by breaking into the tortilla chips and other snacks in our cart, but the rain lasted too long. We had to run to the car under a borrowed umbrella and pull to the curb for the groceries. Moral of the story ... always take an umbrella in the store on a summer afternoon.

No comments: