Monday, July 21, 2008

Belated Birthday

After we left Dennis on his actual birthday, we finally got in the game and worked on his birthday cake. Abby was pestering me about Dennis' birthday theme (I mean seriously, I have NO IDEA where she gets this theme stuff! Oops - that would be from me!) so I told her we could make it all about candy. We fashioned a couple of cakes into Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and presented them to him the day after his birthday. So, he got to blow birthday candles out ... again! Nothing better than stretching the birthday out over a few days, right? We also gave a couple fun gifts, including this favorite: a special painting by two very famous artists (Abby and Tyler). Dennis loves Superman, and we think he is a SuperDaddy! Here's a shot of the artists during the creation process. I'm no dummy ... after having had them paint a few of these now, we just strip down to the underwear and paint on the deck!

No comments: